After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 80s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today we’re going to hear the comeback song for America’s favorite party band. We’re going to hear the song labeled the most easily recognizable in the last 60 years and as if Satan himself took over the show, we’re going to hear Back-To-Back audio kryptonite for yours truly. Again! Today’s trivia question, all of the songs we play are from the 80s except one, can you guess the odd one out? Bonus trivia question, all but two of the songs on Grace’s 10-song DID hit #1 on one billboard chart or another. Can you guess the odd couple out?
1. Whitney Houston – I Want To Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
2. Michael Jackson – Beat It
3. Prince – When Doves Cry
4. Lionel Richie – All Night Long (All Night)
5. Rufus – Ain’t Nobody
6. Luther Vandross – Medley of Superstar/Until You Come Back to Me (That’s What I’m Gonna Do)
7. Queen w/David Bowie – Under Pressure
8. The B-52s – Love Shack
9. Culture Club – Karma Chameleon
10. Spice Girls – Wannabe
11. Hidden Track
Be sure to vote for favorite set at https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: