Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, it’s another edition of Top 10 Tuesday! We’ll count down the hits to the #1 song in the country on this day on whatever year the wheel lands on! Today, we’ll hear the number one song that sampled another number one song, but the sample version stayed at the top three weeks longer than the original, the salacious hit single was meant as a response to Lou Reed’s “Walk on the Wild Side,” and the song that was nominated twice in the same Grammy category for two different singers.
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
10. Robyn – Do You Know (What It Takes)
9. Meredith Brooks – Bitch
8. Lil’ Kim – Not Tonight – Feat. Da Brat, Left Eye, Missy Elliott & Angie Mar
7. Dru Hill – Never Make A Promise
6. Leann Rimes – How Do I Live
5. Spice Girls – 2 Become 1
4. Third Eye Blind – Semi-Charmed Life
3. Backstreet Boys – Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
2. Notorious B.I.G. – Mo Money Mo Problems
1. Puff Daddy with Faith Evans – I’ll Be Missing You
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: