After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 80s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today we’re going to hear the song (or a sliver of one) that launched the career of a star whose father had quite an influence on pop music back in the day, we’re going to hear the song that sampled the classic “Stand By Me” and from an emo band who had Babyface produce some material for them.
1. Lily Allen – Smile
2. Owl City – Vanilla Twilight
3. Sean Kingston – Beautiful Girls
4. Colbie Callait – Bubbly (Scratch Track)
5. The Cab – Bounce
6. Panic! At The Disco – New Perspective
Connection: Panic! At The Disco
7. Panic! At The Disco – Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have With Her Clothes On
8. Cobra Starship – Prostitution Is The World’s Oldest Profession (And I, Dear Madame, Am A Professional)
9. Fall Out Boy – I’m Like a Lawyer with the Way I’m Always Trying to Get You Off (Me & You)
10. Sufjan Stevens* – They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh!
11. My Chemical Romance – You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison
Be sure to vote for favorite set at https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: