After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 00s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today we get hijacked! We’re also going to hear the song that was recognized by the ASCAP as Song of the Year in 2005 as well as nominated for two Grammys. We’re going to hear Keane get political . . . and we’re going to hear the sixth song from an album released just 2 weeks ago. What? You’ll hear all that and more on Evan’s Desert Island Disc. Today’s trivia question: One of the acts we hear has a particularly ironic band name. Can you guess what band that is and why?
1. Jack’s Mannequin – The Resolution
2. Coldplay – Speed Of Sound
3. Foster The People – Sit Next To Me
4. Keane – Is It Any Wonder?
5. Third Eye Blind – Never Let You Go
6. The 1975 – If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know)
7. Tears For Fears – Everybody Wants To Rule The World
8. The Graduate – Sit And Sink
9. Death Cab For Cutie – Brothers On A Hotel Bed
10. Jimmy Eat World – 23
Be sure to vote for favorite set at https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: