After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 80s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today we’re going to hear a song off the only album in history to produce number-one hits on the Billboard Hot 100 in three separate calendar years. We are going to hear the song blocked by The Macarena from hitting #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and we’re going to hear a track that was squirrelled away for 33 years before it was released. You’ll hear all that and more on Bear’s Desert Island Disc.
1. Gustav Holst/Andre Previn & London Philharmonic – Jupiter, The Bringer Of Jollity
2. Ray Charles – Oh What A Beautiful Morning
3. Gene Krupa Orchestra & Irene Daye – Drum Boogie
4. Melissa Etheridge – Silent legacy
5. The Police – King Of Pain
6. A-ha – Living A Boy’s Adventure Tale
7. Janet Jackson – Love Will Never Do (Without You)
8. Donna Lewis – I Love You Always Forever
Be sure to vote for favorite set at https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: