After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 80s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today we’re going to hear how Rollingstone snubbed Lionel Richie and shit on Roxy Music. We’re going to hear Joan Jett take a 50s pop gem and rock it up . . . and we’re going to hear the best thing Nile Rodgers made but didn’t sell. You’ll hear all of that and more in this edition of IA8T.
1. Joan Jett – Crimson and Clover
2. ‘Til Tuesday – Looking Over My Shoulder
3. The Clash – Overpowered By Funk
4. Roxy Music – Over You
5. Tears For Fears – Head Over Heels
6. The Motels – Take The L
Connection: The letter L
7. Al Jarreau – L Is For Lover
8. Lionel Richie – Penny Lover
9. Jody Watley – Some Kind Of Lover
10. Teena Marie – Lovergirl
11. Philip Bailey – Easy Lover
12. Michael Bolton – How Can We Be Lovers – Scratch Track
Be sure to vote for your favorite song or set at Mixcloud or https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/