After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 80s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
We wind up our final week of Birthday celebrations in honor of Crystal with a set list tailor-made for her! Today We’re going to hear a song by a band who lost the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 to Miss ONJ herself but would come back to take the crown back from her some 10 weeks later. We’ll hear a song based on the book Roots by Alex Haley and we’ll hear a number 1 hit song that originally no one wanted. You’ll hear all of that and more in this edition of It’s An 80s Thing.
1. Sinead O’Connor – Mandinka
2. Culture Club – Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
3. Duran Duran – Hungry Like The Wolf
4. Hall & Oates – I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do)
5. Dire Straits – Money For Nothing
6. INXS – Do Wot You Do
7. INXS – Don’t Change
8. Simple Minds – Don’t You (Forget About Me)
9. Human League – Don’t You Want Me
10. Glass Tiger – Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone)
11. Prism – Don’t Let Him Know
12. The Kinks – Don’t Forget To Dance
Be sure to vote for your favorite song or set at Mixcloud or https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/