Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Welcome to the next generation of 10@10, hosted by Dennis Willis, and featuring original 10@10 maestro Dave Morey.
It’s all here … birthdays! The big wheel! Mystery years! It’s the 10@10 you know and love, and it’s back every Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday right here at 10:00 AM.
And today, it’s … 1978!
(Programming note: we’re doing daily shows this week to get everyone back in the 10@10 zone.)
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Van Halen, Eruption/You Really Got Me (Really, it’s one song)
CBS News, Reverend Jim and the Guyana Massacre
2. Cheap Trick, Surrender (newly minted R&R HOFamers)
TV Commercial: Morris the Cat, 9 Lives
3. Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London
News: Pope John Paul I dies after 33 days
4. Joe Walsh, Life’s Been Good (But Seriously, folks…)
Movie: Cheech and Chong’s Up In Smoke
5. Earth, Wind & Fire, Boogie Wonderland
6. Linda Ronstadt, Ooh Baby Baby (W: Smokey Robinson, 1965: The Miracles)
News: Susan B Anthony dollar
7. The O’Jays, Used To Be My Girl
TV: Star Wars Holiday Special
8. The Cars, Let The Good Times Roll (1st album)
TV: Hardware Wars
9. Elvis Costello, Pump It Up
10. Sid Vicious, My Way