Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Welcome to the next generation of 10@10, hosted by Dennis Willis, and featuring original 10@10 maestro Dave Morey.
It’s all here … birthdays! The big wheel! Mystery years! It’s the 10@10 you know and love, and it’s back every Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday right here at 10:00 AM.
Today, it’s the year of Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King Jr., and Batman!
It’s … a MYSTERY YEAR!
FOLLOW US ON MIXCLOUD AND NEW EDITIONS OF 10@10 WILL MAGICALLY APPEAR IN YOUR EMAIL
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
THE MYSTERY YEAR IS … 1968
1. Jimi Hendrix, All Along the Watchtower
-News: Martin Luther King assassination
2. The Beatles, While My Guitar Gently Weeps
-Interview: Jerry Garcia
3. The Jeff Beck Group, with Rod Stewart, I Ain’t Superstitious
-Batman TV commercial
4. Simon and Garfunkel, Mrs. Robinson
-Movie: Planet of the Apes
5. Rolling Stones, Street Fighting Man
-Elvis Presley, Heartbreak Hotel from ‘68 Comeback Special
6. Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, Young Girl
7. Aretha Franklin, I Say A Little Prayer
-News: Robert F Kennedy assassination
8. The Rascals, People Got To Be Free
-Movie The Odd Couple
9. Jeannie C Riley, Harper Valley PTA
10. Stevie Wonder, For Once In My Life