Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Welcome to the next generation of 10@10, hosted by Dennis Willis, and featuring original 10@10 maestro Dave Morey.
It’s all here … birthdays! The big wheel! Mystery years! It’s the 10@10 you know and love, and it’s back every Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday right here at 10:00 AM.
Today, it’s the year of the Voting Rights Act, the death of Malcolm X, and the Beatles come to San Francisco.
It’s … 1965!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues
-News: Watts Riots
2. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, the Tracks Of My Tears
-Dr. Timothy Leary on LSD
3. Dusty Springfield, I Just Don’t Know What To Do With Myself
TV News: Desegregation
4. Sam Cooke, A Change is Gonna Come
-News: Lyndon B.Johnson Voting Rights Act
5. Celia Black, Is It Love
Commercial: Dick Tracy Two-Way Radio
6. Marvin Gaye, Ain’t That Peculiar
-News: The Beatles in San Francisco
7. The Beatles, In My Life
TV: Days of Our Lives
8. The Animals, Please Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood
-News: Malcolm X dies
9. Barry McGuire, Eve of Destruction
10. Carolyn Crawford, Lover Boy