Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Welcome to the next generation of 10@10, hosted by Dennis Willis, and featuring original 10@10 maestro Dave Morey.
It’s all here … birthdays! The big wheel! Mystery years! It’s the 10@10 you know and love, and it’s back every Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday right here at 10:00 AM.
Today, it’s a vertical sampling of iconic 1980s summer movies, and some slightly-more-obscure soundtrack tunes!
It’s … Summer at the Movies, 80s-Style!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
Movie: Airplane (1980)
1. Paul Simon, Late in the Evening, One Trick Pony (1980)
Movie: Stripes (1981)
2. Don Felder, Heavy Metal (1981)
Movie: Blade Runner (1982)
3. Michelle Pfeiffer, Cool Rider – Grease 2 (1982)
Movie: Jaws 3D (1983)
4. Lindsey Buckingham, Holiday Road – Vacation (1983)
Movie: Gremlins (1984)
5. The Fixx, Deeper and Deeper – Streets of Fire (1984)
Movie: Back to the Future (1985)
6. Pat Benatar, Invincible – The Legend of Billie Jean (1985)
Movie: Big Trouble in Little China (1986)
7. Queen, One Vision – Iron Eagle (1986)
Movie: Lethal Weapon (1987)
8. INXS and Jimmy Barnes, Good Times – The Lost Boys – (1987)
Movie: Die Hard (1988)
9. Harry Belafonte, Jump In The Line (Shake Senora) – Beetlejuice (1988)
Movie: Ghostbusters II (1989)
10. Prince, Batdance – Batman (1989)