Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Welcome to the next generation of 10@10, hosted by Dennis Willis, and featuring original 10@10 maestro Dave Morey.
It’s all here … birthdays! The big wheel! Mystery years! It’s the 10@10 you know and love, and it’s back every Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday right here at 10:00 AM.
Today, it’s the year of Apollo 13, the Kent State Massacre, and the exploding whale (don’t ask)!
It’s … 1970!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
-News: Arrival of the jumbo Jets!
1. Stevie Wonder, Signed Sealed Delivered (I’m Yours)
-Movie: Patton (George C Scott)
2. Black Sabbath, Iron Man
-News: the Death of Jimi Hendrix
3. The Five Stairsteps, O-o-h Child
-Movie: Myra Breckinridge
4. Sugarloaf, Green Eyed Lady
-News: Kent State shootings
5. Led Zeppelin, Immigrant Song
-News: The Exploding Whale
6. The Doors, Roadhouse Blues
-News: Apollo 13 has a problem
7. Sly and the Family Stone, Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
-Movie: Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
8. Edison Lighthouse, Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
-TV: Janis Joplin’s last interview
9. Janis Joplin, Move Over (Live @ Dick Cavett Show)
-TV commercial: Salvo
10. The Guess Who, American Woman