Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Welcome to the next generation of 10@10, hosted by Dennis Willis, and featuring original 10@10 maestro Dave Morey.
It’s all here … birthdays! The big wheel! Mystery years! It’s the 10@10 you know and love, and it’s back every Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday right here at 10:00 AM.
Today, we play ten songs (and more) that celebrate (or mourn) going back to school! From school pride, to making new friends, to inappropriate relations with teachers …
It’s … Back to School!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
-TV: Schoolhouse Rock
1. The Jackson 5, ABC
-Movie: Dead Poets Society
2. The Police, Don’t Stand So Close To Me
3. 38 Special, Teacher Teacher
-Movie: Fast Times at Ridgemont High
4. Sammy Hagar, Fast Times at Ridgemont High
5. Rockpile, Teacher Teacher
-Movie: Easy A
6. Van Halen, Hot for Teacher
7. The Kinks, Education – Schoolboys in Disgrace
8. White Stripes, We’re Going To Be Friends
-Movie: Rock ‘N’ Roll High School
9. Ramones, Rock ‘N’ Roll High School
-Movie: Back to School
10. The Beach Boys, Be True To Your School