Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Today on Soundwaves 10@10, it’s the year of hippies, Malcolm X, The Beatles’ Help album and movie – and the B-side from a posthumous artist that became one of the greatest songs ever recorded!
It’s … 1965!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Marvin Gaye, Ain’t That Peculiar
-An opinionated gentleman from the Haight-Ashbury District
2. Sam Cooke, Shake
3. Fontella Bass, Rescue Me
4. Del Shannon, Keep Searchin’ (We’ll Follow The Sun)
5. The Marvelettes, Danger Heartbreak Dead Ahead
6. Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Let’s Hang On
-Dr. Timothy Leary On LSD
8. The Beatles, The Night Before
9. Don Julian and the Meadowlarks aka The Larks, The Jerk
-Dick Tracy TV Commercial
10. The Jive Five, I’m A Happy Man