Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
Today on Soundwaves 10@10, we have ten great songs and some questions about 1973? How much did the first VCRs cost? Who was Carly Simon really singing about? And did Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show ever make it to the cover of the Rolling Stone?
It’s … 1973!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Dr. John, Right Place, Wrong Time
-The Death of Lyndon B. Johnson
2. Eric Weissberg & Steve Mandell, Dueling Banjos
3. The Hollies, The Air That I Breathe
4. Barry White, Never Never Gonna Give You Up
-The birth of the videocassette
5. Carly Simon, You’re So Vain
6. Dr. Hook and The Medicine Show, Cover of the Rolling Stone
7. John Lennon, Mind Games
-UFOs in the Gulf Coast!
8. Stevie Wonder, Living for the City
9. Paul Simon, Loves Me Like A Rock
10. Bette Midler, Do You want to Dance – The Divine Miss M