Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
Today on Soundwaves 10@10, Malcolm X speaks out, Bob Dylan protests, and the charts belong to … Louis Armstrong? It’s ten great songs from one of Van Halen’s favorite years (you’ll find out why).
It’s … 1964!
FOLLOW US ON MIXCLOUD TO HEAR BRAND NEW EPISODES FIRST
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Chuck Berry, You Never Can Tell
-Lyndon B. Johnson votes
2. Millie Small, My Boy Lollipop
3. Diana Ross and the Supremes, Where Did Our Love Go
4. Four Tops, Baby I Need Your Loving
-Malcolm X interview
5. Bob Dylan, The Times They Are A-Changin’
-TV: McDonald’s commercial
6. Don Covay and the Goodtimers, Mercy Mercy
-Civil Rights Act
7. Louis Armstrong, Hello Dolly
8. Martha and the Vandellas, Dancing In The Street
9. Roy Orbison, Oh Pretty Woman
10. The Kinks, You Really Got Me
BONUS: The Beatles, A Hard Day’s Night