Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, the pop star who kicked off his career with the hit that peaked all the way up at #100, the death of a music icon and the birth of an entire genre of music, and the #1 hit whose music video featured the artist playing a boxer – who was trained by a real-life former boxer – and then went on to play that boxer in a movie.
It’s … 1991!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Divinyls, I Touch Myself
-Freddie Mercury dies
2. The Fixx, How Much Is Enough
3. Seal, Killer
4. Londonbeat, I’ve Been Thinking About You
-News: Oakland fire
5. U2, Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
-Movie: Terminator 2
6. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch featuring Loleatta Holloway, Good Vibrations
7. Siouxsie and The Banshees, Kiss Them For Me
-Movie: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
8. PM Dawn, Set Adrift on Memory Bliss
9. Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians, So You Think You’re In Love
10. Nirvana, Smells Like Teen Spirit
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: