Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, the song Rolling Stone called “a small masterpiece,” the artist who had a thriving glam rock career until she took an acting gig on Happy Days, and a band typically thought of as a 1-hit wonder. We’ll play their other Top 10 hit.
It’s … 1979!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
01/30: 1979 #114
1. Boomtown Rats, I Don’t Like Mondays
2. Blondie, Dreaming
3. Bad Company, Rock and Roll Fantasy
-Movie: Apocalypse Now
4. Supertramp, The Logical Song
-TV: Happy Meals!
5. Nick Lowe, Cruel To Be Kind
6. Super Hit 6: Suzi Quatro & Chris Norman, Stumblin’ In
7. Donna Summer, Dim All the Lights
-Movie: The Warriors
8. The B-52’s, Dance This Mess Around
9. The Clash, Train in Vain
10. The Knack, Good Girls Don’t
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: