Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we celebrate Fat Tuesday with ten songs that are either about … or performed by artists from … New Orleans.
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Harry Connick, Jr., Oh NOLA
2. Louis Armstrong, Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans?
3. Mahalia Jackson, Trouble of the World
4. Redbone, The Witch Queen Of New Orleans
5. Willie Nelson, City of New Orleans
6. Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Mardi Gras In New Orleans
7. Louis Prima, Just a Gigolo / I Ain’t Got Nobody
8. Golden Gate Rhythm Machine, New Orleans Joys
9. Trombone Shorty, Do To Me
10. Irma Thomas, Times Have Changed
BONUS: Champion Jack Dupree, Hometown New Orleans
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: