Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, the first James Bond theme nominated for an Oscar, the last #1 single before a popular singer-songwriter’s untimely death, and the song that landed on the recording academy’s Songs of the Century list.
It’s … 1973!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Bette Midler – Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
2. Paul McCartney and Wings, Live and Let Die
3. Curtis Mayfield, Superfly
TV Commercial: Magnavox Odyssey
4. Golden Earring, Radar Love
5. Jim Croce, Big, Bad, Leroy Brown
Super Hit 6. Elton John, Crocodile Rock
-The Exorcist opens
7. Suzi Quatro – Get Back Mama
8. Deep Purple Smoke On The Water
9. Focus – Hocus Pocus
10. Gladys Knight & The Pips – Midnight Train to Georgia
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: