Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, our celebration of Women’s History Month continues with a rousing and rockin’ celebration with the pioneers of rock and soul: Girl Groups, Girls with Guitars, Girls with beehives… and nothin’ after ’65! Programming note: because the songs were so short, we’re doubling down with twenty songs today!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Jean Chapel, Welcome to the Club
2. Wanda Jackson, Riot in Cell Block #9
3. Leslie Gore – You Don’t Own Me
4. Ronettes, Be My Baby
5. Koko Taylor, Don’t Mess With the Messer
6. Etta James, In The Basement
7. Little Jewel, I Want To
8. The Chiffons, One Fine Day
9. The Shirelles, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
10. Irma Thomas, Breakaway
11. Barbara Pittman, I Need A Man
12. The Shangri-Las, Leader of the Pack
13. The Crystals, Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
14. Big Maybelle, Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin On
15. LaVern Baker, Soul On Fire
16. Bonnie Guitar, Dark Moon
17. Goldie & The Gingerbreads, The Skip
18. Connie Francis, Lipstick On Your Collar
19. Janis Martin, Bang Bang
20. Ruth Brown, This Little Girl’s Gone Rockin’
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: