Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, the band that hit the big time because Molly Ringwald wrote their name on a binder, the comeback smash for the “Queen of Soul,” who brought Springsteen’s sax man along for the ride; and the song that was the first true parody of the music video world – a cover of an old jazz tune.
It’s … 1985!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. David Lee Roth, Just A Gigolo – I Ain’t Got Nobody
-Movie: A View To A Kill trailer
2. Duran Duran, A View To A Kill
3. Aretha Franklin, Freeway Of Love
4. Katrina and the Waves Do You Want Crying
-TV: Live Aid Commercial
5. Bryan Adams, One Night Love Affair
6. Paul Young – Every Time You Go Away
-Coca-Cola commercial aka “Sorry about New Coke!”
7. Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam, I Wonder If I Take You Home
8. The Rave-Ups, Positively Lost Me
9. Alison Moyet – Is This Love
10. Pat Benatar, Invincible [Theme From The Legend Of Billie Jean]
BONUS: Steve Perry – Strung Out
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: