Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, the future superstar whose first act – a soul duo – went virtually unnoticed, the classic tune that won a Grammy for its legendary writer, and the duo who had bigger hits with cover versions than their own songs.
It’s … 1971
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Rare Earth – I Just Want To Celebrate
2. Ike and Tina Turner, Get Back
3. Rolling Stones, Brown Sugar
4. Janis Joplin, Me And Bobby McGee
5. Stoney and Meatloaf – What You See Is What You Get
6. James Taylor, You’ve Got a Friend
7. Isaac Hayes, Theme From Shaft
-Movie – Diamonds are Forever
8. Cat Stevens, Wild World
9. Rod Stewart, Maggie May
10. The Who, Won’t Get Fooled Again
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: