Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we’ll hear the first song ever performed on Saturday Night Live, the #1 pop song of the year, and a song about the music industry that is so brutally honest, it’s amazing it ever got recorded. Check out song #3 today.
It’s … 1974!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Brownsville Station, Smokin’ in the Boys room
2. ABBA, Waterloo
3. Billy Joel, The Entertainer
Movie: Young Frankenstein
4. Billy Preston, Nothing from Nothing
5. Barbra Streisand, The Way We Were
6. Blue Swede – Hooked on a Feeling
-TV: Mr. Microphone
7. Three Degrees – When Will I See You Again (1974)
8. David Essex – Rock On (1973)
-News: Walter Cronkite announces President Nixon’s resignation
9. Bob Marley & the Wailers, No Woman, No Cry
10. Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods, Billy, Don’t Be a Hero
Jim Croce, Time in A Bottle
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: