Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we’ll hear a song that sold a whopping 12 million copies, the classic song that featured four guitar players, and the song that Ringo Starr incorrectly predicted would be a flop.
It’s … 1964!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Dusty Springfield, I Only Want to Be with You
-News: Civil Rights Act Of 1964, Rights
2. The Animals, House of the Rising Sun
3. Roy Orbison, Oh, Pretty Woman
-TV Commercial: McDonalds
4. Swinging Blue Jeans, The Hippy Hippy Shake
5. The Supremes, Where Did Our Love Go
6. The Beatles, I Want To Hold Your Hand
7. Mary Wells, My Guy.m4a
8. Mose Allison, Foolkiller
Movies: Mary Poppins, 1964 Original TV Spot
9. Chad and Jeremy, A Summer Song
10. The Kingsmen, Money (Thats What I Want)
BONUS: Bob Dylan, Chimes of Freedom
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: