Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we celebrate the music of the late, great director Jonathan Demme – the award-winning auteur who revolutionized the concert film and used carefully curated music to propel his movies – from Stop Making Sense and Philadelphia, to Married to the Mob and The Silence of the Lambs!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Talking Heads, Psycho Killer (Stop Making Sense)
2. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, American Girl (Silence)
-Movie: Married To The Mob
3. Debbie Harry, Liar Liar (Married)
4. Chris Isaak, Suspicion Of Love
5. Robyn Hitchcock – America (Rachel Getting Married)
6. Bruce Springsteen – Streets Of Philadelphia
-Movie: Silence Of The Lambs
7. Q Lazzarus – Goodbye Horses (Married, Silence)
8. New Order, Bizarre Love Triangle (Married)
-Movie: Something Wild
9. Fabulous Five – Ooh! Waah! 12 -1982 (Something Wild)
10. Brian Eno, You Don’t Miss Your Water (Married)
BONUS: Artists United Against Apartheid – Sun City
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: