Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we celebrate the 50th anniversary of one of the most influential (and most covered) albums ever! From Cheap Trick and Joe Cocker to The Runaways and The Flaming Lips, we’re going to play the entire album as covered by the most genre-spanning artists imaginable!
We’ve all hear Sgt. Pepper in it’s entirety a million times. Today, we’re going to hear it a little differently.
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Cheap Trick, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Live)
2. Joe Cocker – With A Little Help From My Friends
3. Miley Cyrus and Flaming Lips – Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds Music
4. Kaiser Chiefs – Getting Better
5. George Burns – Fixing A Hole
6. Harry Nilsson – She’s Leaving Home
7. Eddie Izzard – Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite
8. Big Daddy – Within You Without You
9. The Fab Five – When I’m 64
10. Fats Domino Lovely Rita – Fats Domino Lovely Rita
11. Mickey Dolenz – Good Morning Good Morning
12. Cheap Trick, Sgt. Pepper (Reprise)
13. Jeff Beck – A Day In The Life
Count Basie Orchestra – Penny Lane
The Runaways – Strawberry Fields Forever
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: