Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we celebrate the legacy and the performances of the Monterey International Pop Music Festival, held fifty years ago from June 16-18, 1967. Other concerts get more historical attention and love, but Monterey Pop featured instantly iconic performances from Jimi Hendrix, the Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, the Mamas and the Papas, Otis Redding and more!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin) – Ball And Chain
2. Grateful Dead – Cold Rain and Snow
3. Eric Burdon & The Animals – Paint It Black
4. Country Joe & the Fish – Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine
5. Canned Heat – Rollin and Tumblin
6. Simon & Garfunkel – The Sounds of Silence
7. The Who – My Generation
8. Jefferson Airplane Somebody To Love
9. Otis Redding – Try A Little Tenderness
10: Jimi Hendrix – Hey Joe
BONUS: The Mamas And The Papas – Dancing In The Street
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: