Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we look back at July 12, 1979: The Night Disco Died, an infamous radio promotional event arranged by DJ Steve Dahl, and held in Comiskey Park in Chicago. The record-burning event was meant to signal the end of disco as we knew it. So of course, we’ll play ten of the most discoey tracks from 1979!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Donna Summer – Dim All The Lights
2. Michael Jackson – Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
3. Sister Sledge – We Are Family
4. Rod Stewart – Do Ya Think I’m Sexy
5. Earth Wind and Fire – Boogie Wonderland
Super Hit 6. Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
7. Chic – Good Times
8. Village People – Y.M.C.A.
9. David Naughton – Makin’ It – Meatballs
10. Patrick Hernandez – Born to be Alive
BONUS: Disco-Tex and the Sex-O-Lettes – Get Dancin’
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: