Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, it’s another edition of Top 10 Tuesday! We’ll count down the hits to the #1 song in the country on this day on whatever year the wheel lands on! Today, we’ll hear the hit song that became a plot point in the latest Guardians of the Galaxy movie, the Neil Diamond song covered by Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darin; and the song ranked as the fifth most-popular song of the decade
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
It’s Top 10 Tuesday … 1972!
10. Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway, Where Is the Love
9. Luther Ingram, If Loving You Is Wrong (i Don’t Want to Be Right)
8. Gilbert O’Sullivan, Alone Again (naturally)
7. Wayne Newton Daddy Don’t You Walk So Fast
6. Elton John, Rocket Man
5. Looking Glass, Brandy (you’re a Fine Gir)
4. Neil Diamond, Song Sung Blue
3. Billy Preston, Outta-space
2. Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose, Too Late to Turn Back Now
1. Bill Withers, Lean on Me
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: