Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we’ll hear the one hit wonder from a group of session players that found themselves with a hit, so they had to become a temporary band, the classic song that a soul legend decided not to release until it became a hit for someone else … and the classic song that was written, recorded and released within a period of ten days, making it one of the fastest-released songs in pop music history.
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. John Lennon – Instant Karma
2. Shocking Blue – Venus
3. Simon and Garfunkel – Cecilia
4. Edison Lighthouse – Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
5. Aretha Franklin – Son Of A Preacher Man
6. James Taylor – Fire And Rain
7. Freda Payne – Band Of Gold
8. Temptations – Ball Of Confusion (That’s What The World Is Today)
9. Three Dog Night – Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
10. Cold Blood – You Got Me Hummin’
BONUS: George Harrison – Isn’t It A Pity
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: