Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we pay tribute to music legend Tom Petty, who died at the young rock and roll age of 66. From his hits with the Heartbreakers and Stevie Nicks to his live album with Bob Dylan and supergroups Traveling Wilburys and Mudcrunch, these are the essential songs for the man who once claimed “You Got Lucky.” Yep, we sure did.
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – Into the Great Wide Open
2. Tom Petty – Free Fallin’
3. Stevie Nicks (with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers) – Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around
4. Tom Petty – You Got Lucky
5. Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne, etc. – While My Guitar Gently Weeps
6. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – An American Girl
7. Tom Petty – I Won’t Back Down
8. Traveling Wilburys – End of the Line
9. Tom Petty – You Don’t Know How It Feels
10. Mudcrutch – I Forgive It All
BONUS: Bob Dylan & Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – I’ll Remember You
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: