Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we’ll hear a song that was only one of nine to hit #1 one by different artists, the Carly Simon song used in a ketchup commercial, and the long version of a song written about the “day the music died.”
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Al Green – Let’s Stay Together
2. Betty Wright – Clean Up Woman
3. David Bowie – Starman
-President Nixon Announces Trip To China
4. Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes – If You Don’t Know Me By Now
-TV: Sanford & Son
5. Merry Clayton – After All This Time
SH6. Johnny Nash – I Can See Clearly Now
-News: Watergate Break-In
7. Carly Simon – Anticipation
8. Bill Withers – Lean On Me
9. Billy Paul – Me And Mrs. Jones
10. Don McLean – American Pie (THE LOOOOONG VERSION!)
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: