Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we celebrate World TV Day with 10+ songs dedicated to the boob tube, the idiot box, the tube, the telly, the small screen. But not every song is in favor of America’s favorite pastime: most of these famous songs are very catchy cautionary tales!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Buggles – Video Killed The Radio Star
2. Gil Scott-Heron – The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
3. Blondie – Fade Away And Radiate
4. Bruce Springsteen – 57 Channels (And Nothin’ On)
5. The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy – Television: The Drug Of The Nation
6. Dire Straits – Money For Nothing
7. A-Ha – The Sun Always Shines On TV
8. ZZ Top – TV Dinners
9. Frank Zappa – I’m the Slime
10. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Throw Away Your Television
BONUS: Green Day – I Want To Be On TV
BONUS: Talking Heads – Found A Job
BONUS: Weird Al Yankovic – UHF
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: