Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we’ll count down the songs that made the most money. They may not have been the biggest hits, but over time, continued to sell like crazy. Some of the songs may surprise you but here’s a hint: the list includes cover versions, multiple chart runs, and holiday classics!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
10. “Candle In the Wind” (Elton John and Bernie Taupin)
9. “The Christmas Song” (Mel Torme and Bob Wells)
8. “Oh Pretty Woman” (Roy Orbison and Bill Dees)
7. “Every Breath You Take” (Sting)
6. “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” (Haven Gillespie and Fred J. Coots)
5. “Stand By Me” (Ben E. King, Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller)
4. “Unchained Melody” by Alex North and Hy Zaret)
3. “Yesterday” (John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
2. “You’ve Lost That Feeling” (Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil and Phil Spector)
1. “White Christmas” (Irving Berlin)
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: