Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, in honor of the shortest day of the year, we’ll hear the shortest hits of the rock era, most of which clock in at under two minutes. And because the songs are so short, we’re going to double the playlist today and play 20 songs!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Aretha Franklin – Respect (2:27)
2. The Doors – Break On Through (2:26)
3. Creedence Clearwater Revival – Bad Moon Rising (2:21)
4. Louis Armstrong – What a Wonderful World (2:21)
5. Del Shannon – Runaway (2:17)
6. The Ramones – Blitzkrieg Bop (2:14)
7. The Kinks – You Really Got Me (2:11)
8. The Beach Boys – I Get Around (2:05)
9. Randy Newman – You’ve Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story) (2:04)
10. Queen – We Will Rock You (2:00)
11. Blur – Song 2 (1:59)
12. Elvis Presley – All Shook Up (1:57)
13. The Beatles From Me To You (1:56)
14. Ray Charles – Hit The Road Jack (1:55)
15. The Smiths – Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want (1:46)
16. Box Tops – The Letter (1:52)
17. White Stripes – Fell In Love With A Girl (1:51)
18. Janis Joplin – Mercedes Benz (1:47)
19. Rolling Stones – Not Fade Away (1:42)
20. Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs (shortest #1 single) (1:38)
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: