Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we’ll hear Dusty Springfield’s last Top 40 hit for 20 years, and the classic song that has been interpreted to mean everything from the experiences of slaves in the Deep South, to a paeon to smoking pot. Plus, two smash hit instrumentals, Edwin Starr, the Beatles (yay!) and the immediate “Hey Jude” cover from Wilson Pickett.
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Booker T. And The M.G.’s – Time Is Tight
2. Creedence Clearwater Revival – Proud Mary
3. Stevie Wonder – My Cherie Amour
4. Dusty Springfield – Son Of A Preacher Man
5. Edwin Starr – Twenty Five Miles
6. Sly & The Family Stone – Everyday People
7. The Zombies – Time Of The Season
8. The Ventures – Hawaii Five-O
9. Beatles – Come Together – Abbey Road
10. Wilson Pickett – Hey Jude
BONUS: Plastic Ono Band – Give Peace A Chance
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: