Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we’ll roll out our epic-sized Groundhog Day edition – with ten classic tunes and their shadows: equally successful or acclaimed cover versions. Featuring Bob Dylan, Dolly Parton, the Bangles, Joy Division, Prince, and Easy-E!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Bob Dylan – All Along the Watchtower
1. Jimi Hendrix – All Along The Watchtower
2. Simon & Garfunkel – A Hazy Shade of Winter
2. Bangles, Hazy Shade Of Winter
3. Peter Schilling – Major Tom (Coming Home)
3. Shiny Toy Guns – Major Tom
4. The Stranglers – Walk On By
4. Dionne Warwick – Walk On By
5. Prince and Rosie Gaines, Nothing Compares 2 U
5. Sinead O’Connor – Nothing Compares 2 U
6. David Bowie – The Man Who Sold The World
6. Nirvana – The Man Who Sold The World
7. Dolly Parton – Jolene
7. White Stripes – Jolene
8. Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
8. Paul Young – Love Will Tear Us Apart
9. Lou Johnson – Always Something There to Remind Me (1964)
9. Naked Eyes – Always Something There To Remind Me (1983)
10. Easy-E – Boyz-n-the-Hood
10. Dynamite Hack- Boyz In The Hood
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: