Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, salute the 90th annual Academy Awards with songs about Hollywood. From standards to cautionary tales, to stories of making it and losing it, these are just some of the songs that used La La Land as a lyrical character. Featuring Kool and the Gang, Richard Marx, Nancy Sinatra, Supertramp, and a surprise collaboration featuring the E Street Band!
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Hooray for Hollywood – Nancy Sinatra (2002)
2. Richard Marx – Don’t Mean Nothing
3. Bob Seger – Hollywood Nights
4. Kool And The Gang – Hollywood Swinging
5. Ronnie Spector & The E Street Band – Say Goodbye To Hollywood
6. The Runaways – Hollywood
7. The Pretenders – Hollywood Perfume
8. Collective Soul – Hollywood
9. Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Two Tribes
10. Supertramp – Gone Hollywood
BONUS: Jet – Goodbye Hollywood
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: