Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we salute National Fire Day with 10+ songs that use fire as a metaphor for sex, hotness, falling in love, being in danger, and a literal descent into hell! Plus, the Billy Joel song that’s a history lesson in a pop song.
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. David Bowie – Cat People (Putting Out Fire)
2. Nilsson – Jump into The Fire
3. The Cult – Fire Woman
4. Social Distortion – Ring of Fire
5. Bruce Springsteen – I’m On Fire
6. Sarah McLachlan – World On Fire
7. Wilson Pickett – Fire And Water
8. John Mellencamp – Paper in Fire
9. Chaka Khan – Through The Fire
10. James Taylor – Fire And Rain
BONUS: Sanford Townsend Band – Smoke From A Distant Fire
BONUS: Alicia Keys – Girl on Fire
BONUS: Billy Joel – We Didn’t Start The Fire
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: