Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR? PLEASE CONSIDER LEAVING A TIP!
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, Paul Simon extols the virtues of 35MM film, the Staple Sisters borrow from themselves, Lou Reed takes a walk on the wild side, and Bette Midler owes her breakthrough to … Abbott and Costello.
FOLLOW US ON MIXCLOUD TO HEAR BRAND NEW EPISODES FIRST
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Paul Simon – Kodachrome
-Marlon Brando shades the Oscars
2. Grand Funk Railroad – We’re An American Band
3. Staple Singers – If You’re Ready (Come Go With Me)
-OPEC Oil Embargo
4. The O’Jays – Love Train
5. Bette Midler – Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
6. Rolling Stones – Angie
7. Albert King – Breaking Up Somebody’s Home
8. Lou Reed – Walk On The Wild Side
9. Marvin Gaye – Let’s Get It On
10. Beach Boys – California Saga (On My Way To Sunny Californ-i-a)
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: