Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR? PLEASE CONSIDER LEAVING A TIP!
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we’ll hear the song that introduced the word “pompatus” to the world, the song Elton John was certain would be a flop, and the chopsocky novelty disco hit that went on to become of the biggest singles ever released. Plus songs from Brownsville Station, Grand Funk, Maria Muldaur and … what exactly does M.F.S.B. stand for…?
FOLLOW US ON MIXCLOUD TO HEAR BRAND NEW EPISODES FIRST
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Steve Miller Band – The Joker
2. Elton John – Bennie And The Jets
3. Grand Funk – The Loco Motion
4. Gladys Knight And The Pips – I’ve Got To Use My Imagination
5. Mike Oldfield – Tubular Bells
6. Carl Douglas – Kung Fu Fighting
7. M.F.S.B. – T.S.O.P. The Sound Of Philadelphia
8. Maria Muldaur – Midnight At The Oasis
9. Eddie Kendricks – Boogie Down
10. Brownsville Station – Smokin’ In The Boys’ Room
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: