PopOff! is an “anything goes” musical show hosted by Bay Area DJ Bear. Sometimes it’s a theme, sometimes it’s a big ol’ birthday shout out tribute show to a specific artist(s). Shows occur on Mondays with the occasional Thursday Bonus Beats. Every episode is a unique sonic road trip through the multitudes of genres, eras, and musicians in recorded music. So if you have an open mind for musical exploration beyond mainstream radio programming climb into the PopOff! Bubble and let’s get to it!!
Another year has gone since my last Country Music Female Festival and I am sad and angry to report NO women are being played on country radio and no women are being championed by Music Row in Nashville. So this results in no woman hitting the top 40 on country charts or getting promotional backing from major labels. And since nothing has changed it is time for my 4th annual Country Music Female Festival! And this time out it is all songs made famous by men covered wonderfully by some of the top women every to grace the country genre and some new ladies taking the torch and setting fire to the barn. Enjoy!
1. Dolly Parton – Shine
2. Nikki Lane – I Can’t Be Satisfied
3. Lee Ann Womack – Honky Cat
4. Brennan Leigh – You Gotta Be Putting Me On
5. Holly Williams – No Surrender
6. Shona Tucker & Eye Candy – Roll On (Eighteen Wheeler)
7. Lorrie Morgan – Eight Days A Week
8. Brandy Clark & Wade Bowen – Love In The First Degree
9. The Secret Sisters – Big River
10. Tractor Pull Divas – Pacing The Cage