Soundwaves presents brand new editions of 10@10, the beloved long-running radio show that features ten great songs from one great year, as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings. Hosted by Dennis Willis and featuring original 10@10 host Dave Morey, Soundwaves 10@10 is the ultimate pop culture celebration loved by thousands of devoted fans.
LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR? PLEASE CONSIDER LEAVING A TIP!
Ten Great Songs from One Great Year!
On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, RFK and MLK are assassinated, Johnny Cash goes to Folsom prison, and Blue Cheer accidentally create heavy metal! Plus, a surprising cover from Etta James and an even more surprising collaboration with big band legend Count Basie.
FOLLOW US ON MIXCLOUD TO HEAR BRAND NEW EPISODES FIRST
Tell a friend … spread the word … and get involved. Use the comment section below to share your thoughts, send us birthday requests, and vote for BEST OF SET.
If you want to keep the songs a mystery, we’ve got you covered! But if you want to peek at the list, highlight the text below.
1. Archie Bell And The Drells – Tighten Up
-News: 1968 Martin Luther King Assassination Report
2. Eric Burdon and the Animals – Monterey
3. Jackie Wilson and Count Basie – For Your Precious Love
-TV: Batman commercial
4. Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick And Tich – Zabadak
5. Johnny Cash – Folsom Prison Blues (Live)
SH6. Aretha Franklin – Think
7. The Beatles – Hey Jude
-News: Robert F. Kennedy Dying
8. Etta James – I Got You Babe
9. Flatt and Scruggs – Theme From Bonnie And Clyde (Foggy Mountain Breakdown)
10. Blue Cheer – Summertime Blues
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: