After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 80s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today we’re going to hear from the band was asked to write a song for the John Hughes film and received such a negative reaction by the test audience that it was yanked from the movie and the final scenes re-shot, whose lead singer was born Hartiwg Schierbaum and changed it to Marian. Seriously, all the names in the world you could choose and that’s the one you go with? And we’ll hear from the guy who suffered from depression and exhaustion, so what did his band do? They fired him. Our trivia question today . . . I mentioned that only one song today even hit the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the US. Can you guess which track that is?
1. Alphaville – Big In Japan
2. Naked Eyes – Promises, Promises
3. Nick Heywood – Whistle Down The Wind
4. Red Rockers – China
5. Pet Shop Boys – It’s A Sin
6. Alison Moyet – Is This Love?
7. Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark – Secret
8. Tears For Fears – Pale Shelter (You Don’t Give Me Love)
9. Paul Young – Come Back And Stay
10. Everything But The Girl – When All’s Well
11. Thompson Twins – If You Were Here
12. Lloyd Cole And The Commotions – From The Hip
13. The Style Council – Ghosts of Dachau
14. China Crisis – Arizona Sky
15. The Psychedelic Furs – Heaven
16. Spandau Ballet – Gold
Be sure to vote for favorite set at https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: