After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today, we’re going to hear a song tied for the longest running song on the Modern Tracks chart at 52 weeks without hitting number one, a song that AOL named this the #1 alternative song of 2010, and a song produced by Justin Timberlake for an 80s mega-group with very disappointing results. Today’s trivia question, one of the songs we hear hit #1 in 20 countries but stalled at #7 in the US, can you guess which song that is?
1. Dashboard Confessional – Hands Down
2. New Found Glory – All Downhill From Here
3. Red Jumpsuit Apparatus – Face Down
4. Fall Out Boy – Sugar We’re Going Down
5. Duran Duran (featuring Justin Timberlake) – Falling Down
6. The Script – Talk You Down
Connection: Track off debut eponymous (self-titled) album, 4x platinum in their home country, by a band from the UK. *OK, OK I know I’m reaching here . . . but come on!
7. Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out
8. Muse – Time Is Running Out
9. Breaking Benjamin – Lights Out
A clip from the TV show Out Of Practice
10. Maroon 5 – Must Get Out
11. U2 – Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of
12. Kylie Minogue – Can’t Get You Out Of My Head
Clip/Trailer for Out Of Time with Denzel Washington
13. Caesars – Jerk It Out
Be sure to vote for favorite set at
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: