After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 80s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today we’re going to get a spelling lesson from Martha Davis, the result of an unlikely collaboration between Benny and Bjorn of Abba and Tim Rice (showtunes!) and we’re introducing “Intern’s Choice.” You’ll hear all of that and more in this edition of IA8T.
Today’s trivia question: One of the songs we hear was inspired by one songwriter’s concerns about antisemitism in the 70s. Can you name this appropriately-titled rock response?
1. Cyndi Lauper – Change Of Heart
2. Real Life – Send Me An Angel
3. Falco – Rock Me Amadeus
4. After The Fire – Der Kommissar
5. Murray Head – One Night In Bangkok
6. The Motels – Take The L
7. Book Of Love – I Touch Roses
8. A-ha – Love Is Reason
9. U2 – Stories For Boys
10. Red Rider – Twilight Zone
11. The Tubes – She’s A Beauty
12. Mr Mister – Is It Love
13. The Monroes – What Do All The People Know?
14. Scarlett & Black – You Don’t Know
15. The Police – Secret Journey
16. Translator – Everywhere That I’m Not
17. Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Relax
Be sure to vote for favorite set at https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: