After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 80s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today we’re going to hear the song that was ranked as the number 1 “Album of the Year” for 1983 by NME. We’re going to hear from a band who started out as The Portraits, but changed their name and we’re going to hear back to back Pete Townsend projects. You’ll hear all that and more on Paul’s Desert Island Disc.
1. The Who – Don’t Let Go The Coat
2. Pete Townsend – A Little Is Enough
3. Huey Lewis And The News – Bad Is Bad
4. The Fixx – Stand Or Tall
5. Moody Blues – 22,000 Days
6. Dream Academy – Life In A Northern Town
7. Roxy Music – More Than This
8. Chris de Burgh – Ship To Shore
9. Elvis Costello & The Attractions – Everyday I Write The Book
Be sure to send me your Desert Island Disc setlist at https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: