After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 80s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today we’re going to hear back to back name twins. We’re going to hear a song about the pitfalls of drinkin’ and romancin’ . . . and we’re going here from Anthony Terrell Smith who recorded the first two Platinum . . . who? Today’s trivia question: Patty Scialfa does backing vocals on a track today. While she is famous for being inducted into the Rock & Roll hall of fame with the E Street Band, she was briefly infamous for stealing Julianne Phillips’ husband . . . can you name him?
1. Van Halen – Hot For Teacher
2. Billy Idol – Hot In The City
Trailer from Hot Pursuit
3. Loverboy – The Kid Is Hot Tonight
4. The Power Station – Some Like It Hot
5. The Cure – Hot Hot Hot!!!
6. Buster Poindexter – Hot Hot Hot
7. Tone Lōc – On Fire
Connection: Tone Lōc
8. Tone Lōc – Funky Cold Medina
9. Vanilla Ice – Ice Ice Baby
10. Paula Abdul – Cold Hearted (Scratch Track)
11. J Geils Band – Freeze-Frame
Trailer for Cold Feet
12. Rainbow – Stone Cold
13. Icehouse – Crazy
Be sure to vote for favorite set at https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: