After providing data for hundreds of Soundwaves 10@10 episodes, Intern Steve steps into the spotlight with a deep dive into All Things 80s. Almost every episode will be two parts … each half a distinctly different subject from its counterpart … seemingly unrelated pop culture and music topics that (more often than not) will have a connection!
Today we’re going to hear how woke David Coverdale was back in the 80s! We’re going to hear the ironic airplay hit in the UK when Maggie Thatcher resigned as well my least favorite Duran Duran song followed by my most favorite Smiths song. You’ll hear all of that and more in this edition of IA8T.
1. The Psychedelic Furs – Here Come Cowboys
2. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers – Here Comes My Girl
3. Whitesnake – Here I Go Again
4. Richard Marx – Right Here Waiting For You
5. R.E.M. – Can’t Get There From Here
6. 10,000 Maniacs – What’s The Matter Here?
7. Eurythmics – Here Comes The Rain Again
8. Eurythmics – There Must Be An Angel (Playin’ With My Heart)
9. Frida – I Know There’s Something Going On
10. The La’s – There She Goes
11. The Moody Blues – I Know You’re Out There Somewhere
12. Duran Duran – Is There Something I Should Know?
13. The Smiths – There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Be sure to vote for your favorite song or set at https://www.instagram.com/internsteve/
FOLLOW US ON MIXCLOUD TO HEAR BRAND NEW EPISODES FIRST
BROWSE OUR ARCHIVES: